Monday, January 28, 2013

monday blues (me, complaining...and other stuff)

  • the laundry pile next to my bed is frightening.  Like, no really, its scaring me. 
  • I've taken tylenol PM the past 3 nights... headaches & insomnia... a horrible combo!
  • I cannot, (let me italicize this for dramatic purposes) CANNOT,  take one more pile of vomit.  One more explosion of diarrhea.  I just CAN'T.   With that said, I'm prepping myself for another long day of changing diarrhea diapers.  To be fair, we haven't had a vomiting incident since Friday night... Henry's accident... oh did you hear about that?  No?  That was great fun.  Read all about it below...
  • Friday around noonish, Henry climbed up on this gosh darned water fountain at the park.  Of ALL the things at the park to play with and on, he chose to focus on this water fountain.  Add in some slipper sneakers and you get a recipe for disaster (aka concussion).  He fell.  Smacked his head HARD against the concrete and I braced myself for bleeding, goose eggs,etc.  None of which came.  What did happen was vomiting and some really weird behavior.  Honestly, the only way I can describe it, is he was acting drunk... or slap happy.  Very odd.  When Ryan got home I told him about our day.  Without even talking about it, we both kind of just looked at each other and said "We gotta take him in."  I think we got to the ER around 4:30 or so... Henry got a cat scan and did wonderfully.  Cat scan was clean (thank GOD).  But the doctor said he most definitely had hit his head pretty hard and was suffering from a mild concussion.  Heart attack Henry lives up to his name again.  His follow up with our pediatrician is tomorrow.  He's been fine since Saturday morning so I'm not too worked up about it.
  •  The weather has been heavenly lately.  Really, I can't get over it.  I think its because Michigan winters are so ingrained in me.  Like this week (until Wed.) our temp will be in the 80s.  And then we're "plunging" down to the 60s. 
  • Do you watch The Hillywood Show?  Seriously... do you?  If not, and you like Twilight, you MUST look these girls up.
  • I'm in the middle of "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn.  It's crazy and I'm ready for it to be over.  I loved the first book I read of hers (Sharp Objects) but the last two I've read have kind of been predictable...  Anyone have some good reads to suggest?
  • I am so unmotivated with photography its not even funny.  It's just sad.  Very, very sad.
  • Do you know how long its been since we've gone to church?  Not for any other reason than because SOMEONE in this house is always sick.  I guess that's what happens in a family of 5?
  • Speaking of the number 5... well, more like the number 3- since when did that become a handful of kids?  We were at a restaurant the other night and all 3 were behaving just fine.  We had a few Stella shrieks but honestly, they were pretty good.  We had this woman come up to our table say, "Well I don't know how you guys deal with the noise!  Three kids, what a handful.  Wow!  I just can't imagine the noise they must make at home!"  I wish I had said something witty.  I didn't.  Just felt ashamed for having 3 kids in a restaurant.. which is really sad, if you ask me.
  • I put this on my fb status tonight.. but I am such a type A person, it annoys ME.  I have a couple of friends down here who I admire so much;  they can literally throw their hands in the air for any ride life decides to give them.  Why can I NOT DO THIS???  Ugh.
  • I miss my sisters. 



and now a smattering of pictures... these are from last week... but cute nonetheless ;)
 
 
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope everything is going ok! I haven't seen any blog posts and got a little worried. I'm sure you're busy, but just know that we miss you!